Thank you for your patience while we addressed the updates following B&N's maintenance this week.
As you know, platforms are continuously updating for security, ease of use, and more, and we just need to adapt to those changes as they come in!
In this case, the fix is in the cookies (not the yummy kind, I'm afraid). Between browser settings and the time of last login, some users still have cookies from before the maintenance went into effect, and that is affecting ScribeCount's ability to "see through the door," as it were.
So! If you're having trouble with B&N, you'll need to follow the steps below. You have options:
- First, you can go to B&N Press on your browser, login, log out, then cycle through logging in and out a few more times. This should reset the cookie.
- Second, you can clear all cookies if you prefer to do that. Note that this will clear cookies for more sites than just ScribeCount. If you're not well-versed in this process, we suggest using the first option for now.
- For Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/clear-cookies-and-site-data-firefox
- For Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050
- For Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/delete-cookies-in-microsoft-edge-63947406-40ac-c3b8-57b9-2a946a29ae09
If these steps do not work for you, or if you'd like more help with them, let us know and we can set up a brief video chat!